01. Her name is pronounced MEE-luh koon-iss.
02. At the age of 7 she immigrated with her family to Los Angeles, where she began taking acting lessons. Her parents made the move after they won a lottery ticket. She couldn’t speak English and really struggled in her first year to settle down. “I cried every day,” she said. “I didn’t understand the culture. I didn’t understand the people.”
03. When she was younger, Mila suffered from glaucoma and had to have steroid injections into her eyes.
04. In an effort to help their young daughter meet other kids, Mark and Elvira Kunis enrolled Milena in a children’s acting program at the Beverly Hills Studio. There, she met Susan Curtis, a talent manager, who took the reins of Kunis’s career.
05. Between the ages of 9 and 14, Kunis appeared in about 15 commercials and multiple television shows.
06. Because of a guest role on Walker, Texas Ranger when she was 14, she learned how to throw a punch from Chuck Norris.
07. Mila Kunis largely attributes her learning to speak English from the American TV show ‘The Price is Right‘.
08. She loves skydiving.
09. Actors who auditioned for a role in That ’70s Show were required to be 18. Despite being 14 at the time, Kunis auditioned for the role of Jackie Burkhart and told the casting directors she would be turning 18 soon. The casting directors eventually figured out her real age, but decided she was the best actress for the role and let her play the role.
10. According to People magazine, Mila Kunis largely grew up with the cast of ‘That 70’s Show.’ She attributes her co-stars Wilmer Valderrama with teaching her how to drive, and Danny Masterson for being her prom date and buying Kunis her first drink.
11. Mila Kunis’ first kiss was on-screen with co-star Ashton Kutcher who played her boyfriend on the show That 70’s Show.
12. Mila appeared in Aerosmith‘s music video for their 2001 song ‘Jaded‘ and also in The Strokes‘ music video for the group’s 2003 song ‘The End Has No End.’
13. In 2007, Kunis unsuccessfully auditioned for the part that eventually went to Katherine Heigl in Judd Apatow’s film Knocked Up.
14. Kunis lost 20 pounds, stayed on a strict, 1,200-calorie-a-day diet and took ballet lessons for four hours every day to train for her role in “Black Swan.”
15. Kunis told W magazine in a March interview that she sustained multiple injuries throughout her transformation into a ballerina for her role in ‘Black Swan.’ Among them – a torn ligament and a dislocated shoulder. Kunis was left with two scars on her back following her injuries.
16. In January 2011, she revealed her struggle with an eye condition called chronic iritis that had caused blindness in one eye. However, a couple of months earlier she had surgery that corrected the problem. Kunis also has the condition heterochromia iridum, where the irises have different colors. One eye (left) is brown, and the other (right) is green.
17. Christian Dior signed Kunis in 2012 to be the face of its Spring fashion campaign.
18. In 2013, she appeared in Forbes list of 100 powerful celebrities, ranking #89 on the basis of five criteria (Money, TV/Radio, Press, Social, and Marketability), with her highest ranking as #14 in marketability. She earned $11 million for the year ending in June 2013.
19. She runs her own production company with three friends and has a 1970s-set women’s liberation drama in the works for The CW called Meridian Hills.
20. Mila Kunis loves video games such as World of Warcraft and has said she prefers playing games then going out. She said she got so addicted at one point, she even had to get it removed from her computer although her account is still active.
21. Mila trained with a S.W.A.T. team to prep for her role in “Max Payne“.
22. Mila’s done illegal street art in Los Angeles protesting the Defense of Marriage Act.
23. Her favorite color is blue.
24. In 2007, Kunis participated in a video for the website Funny or Die appearing alongside James Franco. The video was a parody of the MTV show The Hills and was a huge success for the website, with well over one million views.
25. Her favorite movies are The Wizard of Oz (1939) and Dirty Dancing (1987).
26. In January 2011, Mila said that she was blind in one eye due to a condition called chronic iritis. She underwent surgery to correct the blindness.
27. She played a younger version of Angelina Jolie in the biopic Gia (1998).